Last updated on January 14, 2021
This Privacy Notice explains how information is collected, used, stored, and disclosed by VIVIAN. It applies to information collected when you use or access our Services including mobile Apps.
Changing Our Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice such as sending you a notification.
If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you directly by email or by means of a notice on the homepage prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access the VIVIAN Service to stay informed about our information practices and the ways that you can help protect your privacy.
If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our public websites to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you no longer agree with this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate your account with us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and stop using the VIVIAN Service. Your use of the VIVIAN Service shall constitute your consent to the present Privacy Notice.
What Information We Collect
We may collect certain user information, including personal data.
Information You Provide Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you use the VIVIAN Service. This information includes personal data. This personal data will be processed for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as it may be amended from time to time. For example, your personal data will be used to create or modify your profile and account, access and use the VIVIAN Service (including but not limited to when you watch lessons, answer practice questions, or use a mobile app), participate in any interactive features of the VIVIAN Service, submit a contact or consent form, participate in a survey, or request customer support.
The personal data that we may collect directly from you includes your name, username, email address, phone number, information about your preferences of our Services as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide.
Updating Your Information and Deactivating Your Account. You can update, correct, or modify your account information at any time by logging into your VIVIAN account and accessing your profile page. If you need help accessing, modifying, or deactivating your account within the VIVIAN service, please email email@example.com.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the VIVIAN Service.
Some information - such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you visit our App.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the App. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our App and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our App and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the App (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the App. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and Application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the App. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's camera, microphone, storage and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
How We Use Information Collected
We use the information collected through the VIVIAN Service in order to facilitate provision of the VIVIAN Service and engage with you about our products and offerings. We may use the information that we collect:
- To provide, operate, maintain, and improve the VIVIAN Service;
- To enable you to access and use the VIVIAN Service that you request, including sending you technical notices, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To provide and deliver the services and features you request;
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- To communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, events, and provide other news or information about VIVIAN and our select partners;
- To process and deliver survey entries and rewards;
- To review and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the VIVIAN Service and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to the VIVIAN Service, and other illegal activities;
- To personalise and improve the VIVIAN Service, and provide content and/or features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customise your experience on the VIVIAN Service; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you in advance or for which we receive your consent, as necessary.
What Information We Share or Disclose to Others
We will not share personal data about you with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice, or as defined in an agreement with us in connection with the VIVIAN Service. We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract:
Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers.
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the App, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our App over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
How We Secure Information
We have adopted reasonable physical, technical and organisational safeguards against accidental, unauthorised or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of information we collect.
You may access your Product account information and our Product only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal data and information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. To keep your account secure, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised in any way. You may also select the “Log out of all sessions” option on your profile page to close all other browser sessions for your account. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password to us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and apps is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org